What is Solution manager?
SAP Solution Manager is a centralized solution management platform that provides the tools, the integrated content, and the gateway to SAP that you need to implement, support, operate, and monitor your SAP solutions. It helps to minimize risks and to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). SAP Solution Manager runs in your solution landscape and facilitates the technical support of your distributed systems.
SAP Solution Manager is a lifecycle management platform used to implement, run and optimize SAP applications. It is used to manage the technical implementation.
Managing your entire SAP solution landscape is a challenging task, but SAP has the answer: the SAP Solution Manager.
- The SAP Solution Manager is a platform that provides the integrated content, tools, and methodologies that you need to implement, support, operate and monitor your enterprise’s solutions from SAP.
- With SAP Solution Manager, companies can minimize risk and increase the reliability of their IT solutions.
- SAP Solution Manager helps reduce TCO throughout the solution life cycle.
- SAP Solution Manager helps companies manage their core business processes and link business processes to the underlying IT infrastructure.
- SAP Solution Manager supports both SAP and non-SAP software and helps companies get more from their existing IT investments.
Implementation of the mySAP Business Suite
· All phases of the implementation project (Business Blueprint, Configuration) are performed centrally in the Solution-Manager system.· Central project documentation repository in the Solution Manager
· Integrated Project Administration allows you to manage planning schedules, human resources and other project data.
· The Customizing Scout, with which you can compare customizing in various SAP components, e.g. an ERP system with SAP MDM
· The Customizing Distribution, with which you can synchronize customizing in various SAP components.
· You can use the Test Workbench to organize and perform tests at the end of a project phase.
· Reuse of the project structure for process-oriented tests
Creation of training material and learning maps (computer-supported self-tuition courses) to train end users after the implementation of new functions
Access to programs and Services, which help you to monitor and optimize the performance and availability of your system landscapes, and minimize your operational system risks
Solution support with workflow to create and handle problem messages
Management of change requests, with workflow for the monitoring and audit of changes and transports in your system landscape, with the Change Request Management.